Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Enchilada Bake

So much for the dinner plans. I had a bad cold kick in last night and decided to stay home and not spread my germs. Jack took the meatballs over to Sandi’s and came home. While he was gone I made the Enchilada Bake for dinner I was going to make tomorrow. I start with green enchilada sauce. I prefer that one to the red. I don’t like the flavor of the red. I use a package of the round Mexican melting cheese and some pepper jack cheese. In all the years I have been buying pepper jack cheese I finally found the best ever. I got it at an Amish store a couple weeks ago. I have never had one that had that many peppers in it before. It’s fabulous. I diced half of an onion and two mushrooms. I put the sauce in a glass baking dish then start with 2 corn tortillas. I sprinkle onion of each one. That gets topped with the grated Mexican cheese and a spoonful of mushrooms. Another tortilla is next and followed by onion and  pepper jack cheese and another spoonful of mushrooms. The third and final layer is another tortilla, onion, Mexican cheese, and another spoonful of mushrooms topped by the top tortilla. The Mexican cheese is added to the top for melting and a dab of mushroom. Add the final quart of green enchilada sauce all around the sides and gently poured on top  of the enchiladas. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes or until bubbly hot. Time may vary with each individual oven. 
Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment