Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pasta Bake

Last night I made a pasta bake. I used a quart and a half of my home made tomatoes along with a pint of Italian Pasta Sauce. I browned a pound of ground chuck and spiced it with with basil, oregano, Italian seasoning and garlic. After browning  I added fresh green onions and mushrooms. When those were cooked I added the tomatoes and a pint of Italian Pasta Sauce. After that simmered for about an hour I made a package of macaroni and grated my cheese. I put the macaroni in the baking dish then some of the cheese on top of it. The sauce was the layered on top of that and then added more cheese for a topping.  Wish I would have had mozzarella it would have been better but I didn’t so I used the four cheese mix that I had along with pepper jack. It was respectable. Tomorrow I will have leftovers of that with garlic toast. Tonight is going to be onion coated chicken with chicken fried rice. Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment