Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chicken Rice Bake

I used partial white rice and partial brown and wild rice. After they were cooked I sautéed 1 vidalia onion finely diced and about a pound of broccoli tips. When they were almost done I roughly chopped mot of a pound of mushroom caps. I didn’t peel them like usual and left hem in larger chopped pieces. It was just fine. When that was done I added 8 – 10 ounces of heavy whipping cream. The rice was then mixed with the vegetable mixture and was placed in a 9 by 13 oblong baking dish. I grilled chicken breasts earlier and sliced them to put on top of the rice mixture. I then topped that with a little pepper jack cheese. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes to melt the cheese and make sure the other stuff got heated the rest of the way since it had been a little while since it was cooked.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment